hallowe'en is over! now we are all about ready to throw up from eating too much candy!
anyway, i finished off the hulk costume today: sewed up the green outer layer, inserted the muscled under layer, and quilted the two together.
here's a close-up of the pecs and abs. i used embroidery floss to do a bit of hand quilting to make the muscles really pop.
and a close up of the shorts. i started with a basic pyjama bottom pattern, and basically made two identical pairs of shorts, zig-zagged them together at the bottom, and then turned rightside out to get a neat and tidy torn/shredded look.
he is already talking about wearing them as shorts next summer!
he was thrilled with the costume over all, and started his hulky poses as soon as he tried it on.
must find a photo with the make-up!
meanwhile, i finished my annis shawl and am currently blocking!
it used exactly one half (i weighed) of a skein of wollemeise. which means i need to find a project for the other half. this was supposed to be a stashbuster, dammit!