it's that time of the year again.
the last time i had to pack lunches every day (jk), i kept a spreadsheet so i could track lunchbox contents - what worked? what didn't? what was overdone, and what had we forgotten about that we might try again?
my childless friends laughed; my parent friends thought it was an excellent idea.
things will likely have changed since jk. things previously deemed too messy (yogurt, dip) might be manageable now. hummus would be great if he'll eat it.
but, will he?
anyway, here are my thoughts so far. some things (e.g. leftover bbq corn on the cob) are even ready to go in the freezer. i'm thinking i should have a designated basket for harry lunch stuff in the freezer, as sometimes i put things in there and can't find them again for months.
can you freeze rice balls?
- wowbutter sushi
- french toast (i always make an extra slice for the lunch box; i make it with more egg than milk so it's more healthy than it seems)
- pizza (we have homemade pizza every monday)
- cheesey macaroni (make with egg & bake in mini muffin tin or shallow dish to cut into squares)
- boiled egg
- cheese & crackers (e.g. vache qui rit, mini babybel)
- ham sandwich
- cheese sandwich
- taco rolls (tortilla, ground beef, cheese, mild salsa)
- zucchini tots
- apple (sliced & sprinkled with cinnamon!)
- pear (sliced with cinnamon)
- orange (cut in pieces)
- cherry tomato
- corn on the cob